Bundle of Veggies
"I came across the recipe for this grilled vegetable medley at a nurses' station at the hospital where I work," notes Sheila Dedman of New Dundee, Ontario. "It's a big hit at home and while camping. The foil packet makes cleanup easy, too."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Place mushrooms, tomatoes and zucchini on a double thickness of
- heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Combine the remaining
- ingredients; drizzle over vegetables. Fold the foil around
- vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully remove foil to allow steam to escape. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine and salt-free seasoning) equals 52 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.