Sure to attract attention from all ages are these cute-as-a-bug treats. They're simple to prepare, too, by dressing up purchased mint-chocolate cookies with sugar-coated almonds, vanilla frosting and mini candles.
22 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 44 sliced almonds
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Yellow colored sugar
- 1 cup vanilla frosting, divided
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate-covered cookies
- 44 yellow cake decorator candy flowers
- 22 white cake decorator candy hearts
- Place almonds on a baking sheet; brush with egg white and sprinkle
- with yellow sugar. Bake at 350° for 3 minutes or until sugar is
- Tint 3/4 cup frosting yellow. Cut a small hole in the corner of a
- pastry or plastic bag; insert #18 star tip. Fill with yellow
- frosting. Pipe three parallel zigzag lines on each cookie.
- Position two almonds, sugar side out, on each cookie for wings,
- propping with additional frosting if needed.
- Fill another pastry or plastic bag with remaining vanilla frosting;
- cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe a small amount of
- frosting to hold candies in place; add flowers for eyes and a heart,
- pointed side out, for stinger. Yield: 22 cookies.