Sure to attract attention from all ages are these cute-as-a-bug treats. They're simple to prepare, too, by dressing up purchased mint-chocolate cookies with sugar-coated almonds, vanilla frosting and mini candles.
- 44 sliced almonds
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Yellow colored sugar
- 1 cup vanilla frosting, divided
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 package (10 ounces) mint chocolate-covered cookies
- 44 yellow cake decorator candy flowers
- 22 white cake decorator candy hearts
- Place almonds on a baking sheet; brush with egg white and sprinkle with yellow sugar. Bake at 350° for 3 minutes or until sugar is set.
- Tint 3/4 cup frosting yellow. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert #18 star tip. Fill with yellow frosting. Pipe three parallel zigzag lines on each cookie. Position two almonds, sugar side out, on each cookie for wings, propping with additional frosting if needed.
- Fill another pastry or plastic bag with remaining vanilla frosting; cut a small hole in the corner of the bag. Pipe a small amount of frosting to hold candies in place; add flowers for eyes and a heart, pointed side out, for stinger. Yield: 22 cookies.
Originally published as Bumblebee Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2001, p11
Reviews for Bumblebee Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review