Bumblebee Banana Cupcakes Recipe
Make a beeline for these easy, cute-as-a-bug cupcakes that are simply irresistible. They're wonderful for school treats, kids' parties, or even outdoor summer events. —Beatrice Richard, Posen, Michigan
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 12 large yellow gumdrops
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 12 semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- 12 large white gumdrops
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, milk, oil and eggs. Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine vanilla frosting and food coloring. Frost cupcakes. Cut yellow gumdrops in half widthwise. Use the rounded tops for heads. Flatten remaining portions into ovals for bodies. Place one head and one body on each cupcake.
- 4. Place chocolate frosting in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe stripes on gumdrop bodies to resemble a bumblebee. For the stinger, place one chocolate chip at the end of body with pointed end facing out. Pipe two eyes with chocolate frosting or position two mini chocolate chips in front of head for eyes. Cut white gumdrops in half lengthwise; position next to bodies for wings. Insert two licorice pieces for antennae. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 449 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC