Bulgur Wheat Salad Recipe
Fresh seasonings jazz up bulgur in this bright and simple side. Combined with ripe tomatoes and green onions, this scrumptious dish from Millie McDonough of Homeland, California is a winner.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1. Place bulgur in a large bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt. Stir into bulgur. Add parsley.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the tomatoes and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 137 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC