Fresh seasonings jazz up bulgur in this bright and simple side. Combined with ripe tomatoes and green onions, this scrumptious dish from Millie McDonough of Homeland, California is a winner.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place bulgur in a large bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt. Stir into bulgur. Add parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the tomatoes and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bulgur Wheat Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p61
Reviews for Bulgur Wheat Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"A good vegetarian side dish. It makes a large amount and can be used for other meals as a side dish."