Fresh seasonings jazz up bulgur in this bright and simple side. Combined with ripe tomatoes and green onions, this scrumptious dish from Millie McDonough of Homeland, California is a winner.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place bulgur in a large bowl; stir in water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, garlic and salt. Stir into bulgur. Add parsley.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in the tomatoes and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bulgur Wheat Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p61
Reviews for Bulgur Wheat Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2013
"A good vegetarian side dish. It makes a large amount and can be used for other meals as a side dish."