- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 3/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 14 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the bulgur in a large bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Drain and squeeze dry.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the cottage cheese, basil, oregano, salt, pepper and bulgur. Stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Arrange in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine spaghetti sauce and water; pour over shells. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until shells are tender and sauce is bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bulgur Turkey Manicotti
Sort By :
"Made this last night and my husband absolutely loved it! I will be making this on a regular basis."
"Love this recipe. I use a plastic freezer bag , spoon in the filling, snip a corner of the bag the size of the noodle opening and it makes quick work of the filling job! I also add a thawed & drained 10oz. pkg. of spinach to the cheese mixture to provide more nutrition and texture."
"Have enjoyed this recipe for quite a while now as it was in one of the earlier editions. It is a healthy comfort food."
"Very easy and tasty!!!"