“I’ve tried to start eating healthier, and this recipe is wonderful, versatile and the ingredients are easy to find... and to have on hand at all times.” Jennifer Andrzjewski — Grizzly Flats, California
- 1-1/2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Greek olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place bulgur in a small bowl. Stir in the water, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, parsley, red peppers, onion and basil. Stir in bulgur.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, oregano, pepper, cayenne and remaining lemon juice and salt. Pour over bulgur mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bulgur Greek Salad in Healthy Cooking February/March 2010, p31
Reviews for Bulgur Greek Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review