- 1-1/2 cups bulgur
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/4 cups chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup Greek olives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place bulgur in a small bowl. Stir in the water, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, parsley, red peppers, onion and basil. Stir in bulgur.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, oregano, pepper, cayenne and remaining lemon juice and salt. Pour over bulgur mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Bulgur Greek Salad
Sort By :
I couldn't find bulgur at my grocery store so I used whole wheat cous cous. Lots of flavor in this recipe; however, it took me a VERY long time to prep and make this.
Easy to make, ingredients I carry on hand, delicious, and incredibly healthy! This is going onto my "make frequently" list. Thanks!
Great blend of flavors. I used regular tomatoes, seeded and chopped, increased the lemon juice just a bit, and added a little lemon zest. As another reviewer mentioned, fresh basil is the way to go. Would like to try this with quinoa, leaving out the chicken.
I think this was awesome! lots of flavor. I don't like to eat the extra bulk of the bulgar and even just the combo of veggies and chicken is great!
I followed it exactly except I omitted the olives. It was very good. Season your chicken really well and make sure you use FRESH basil!