Making these treats is a breeze. I simply whip up a sugary filling, roll it into small balls to resemble scoops of ice cream and perch them on top of Bugle corn snacks. Then I roll them in sprinkles or nuts.—Dianne Conway, London, Ontario
Featured In: Christmas Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) Bugles
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted, optional
- Assorted sprinkles and/or ground nuts
- In a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Beat in salt and vanilla. Add milk and mix well (mixture will be stiff).
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Place one ball on top of each Bugle. Dip tops of some or all in melted chocolate if desired. Decorate with sprinkles and/or nuts. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bugle Cones in Country Woman November/December 1999, p38
Reviews for Bugle Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review