Making these treats is a breeze. I simply whip up a sugary filling, roll it into small balls to resemble scoops of ice cream and perch them on top of Bugle corn snacks. Then I roll them in sprinkles or nuts.—Dianne Conway, London, Ontario
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 package (6 ounces) Bugles
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted, optional
- Assorted sprinkles and/or ground nuts
- In a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until crumbly. Beat in salt and vanilla. Add milk and mix well (mixture will be stiff).
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Place one ball on top of each Bugle. Dip tops of some or all in melted chocolate if desired. Decorate with sprinkles and/or nuts. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Bugle Cones in Country Woman November/December 1999, p38
Reviews for Bugle Cones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2013
"These cookies came out very cute and tasty. I used a jalapeno popper holder to set them in while the chocolate set."
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2011
"I make these all the time for Christmas, my family and friends love these and so do I."