Buffet Vegetable Rice Salad Recipe
"This chilled rice and ham salad goes well with barbecue dinners," suggests Josie Varro of Coquitlam, British Columbia. "The green pepper, radishes and cucumber add color and crunch while complementing the herbed vinaigrette."
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Cool to room temperature. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, peas, ham, radishes, green pepper, cucumber, onions and parsley. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Top with tomatoes. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup equals 155 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC