- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cook rice according to package directions. Cool to room temperature. For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, beans, peas, ham, radishes, green pepper, cucumber, onions and parsley. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Top with tomatoes. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Buffet Rice Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p37
Reviews for Buffet Vegetable Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review