These are my favorite scrambled eggs. The white sauce, flavored with chicken bouillon, keeps the eggs creamy and moist. It's a tasty twist on a morning mainstay.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining butter. Add eggs; cook over medium heat until eggs begin to set, stirring occasionally. Stir in white sauce. Cook until the eggs are completely set. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buffet Scrambled Eggs in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Buffet Scrambled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review