Buffet Sandwich Recipe
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 thin slices deli ham, halved
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 5 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 10 thinly sliced red or green bell pepper rings
- 1. Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- 2. Between the slices spread with mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, the meats, cheeses and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the loaf, forming sandwiches. Yield: 10 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Buffet Sandwich
"I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!"