"The first time I took this beautiful sandwich 'centerpiece' to a church potluck, it disappeared so fast, I was sorry I hadn't brought two," says Margaret Rhodes of Coaldale, Alberta. "I have often added sliced tomatoes to it."
Featured In: The Ultimate Trick-or-Treat After Party
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 thin slices deli ham, halved
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 5 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 10 thinly sliced red or green bell pepper rings
- Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- Between the slices spread with mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, the meats, cheeses and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the loaf, forming sandwiches. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Buffet Sandwich in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p13
Reviews for Buffet Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2011
"I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!"