Buffet Sandwich Recipe
"The first time I took this beautiful sandwich 'centerpiece' to a church potluck, it disappeared so fast, I was sorry I hadn't brought two," says Margaret Rhodes of Coaldale, Alberta. "I have often added sliced tomatoes to it."
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound, 20 inches long)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 pieces thinly sliced deli ham
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 10 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 10 thinly sliced sweet red or green pepper rings
- Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- Between the slices spread with the mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, a half slice of ham, a half slice of mozzarella cheese and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the bread between the plain slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Buffet Sandwich in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p13
Reviews for Buffet Sandwich(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2011
I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!