"The first time I took this beautiful sandwich 'centerpiece' to a church potluck, it disappeared so fast, I was sorry I hadn't brought two," says Margaret Rhodes of Coaldale, Alberta. "I have often added sliced tomatoes to it."
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1 pound)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 5 thin slices deli ham, halved
- 5 slices pimiento loaf, halved, optional
- 10 slices salami
- 5 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 5 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, halved
- 10 thinly sliced red or green bell pepper rings
- Cut bread into 22 slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom. Cut off and discard the end pieces. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, butter and mustard until blended. Spread over every other slice of bread.
- Between the slices spread with mayonnaise mixture, place a lettuce leaf, the meats, cheeses and one pepper ring. To serve, cut completely through the loaf, forming sandwiches. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Buffet Sandwich in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p13
Reviews for Buffet Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2011
"I prepared several of these for an informal tea with friends they loved it!"