Buffet Rice Salad Recipe
- 4 pounds uncooked long grain rice
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 36 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups thinly sliced celery
- 4 cups sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups diced pimientos, drained
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Combine the mayonnaise, onion, dressing, mustard, salt and pepper; add to hot rice and mix well. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Fold in ham, eggs, cheese, celery, relish and pimientos; mix well. Chill for 2-3 hours. Yield: 80 (1-cup) servings.
1 cup: 341 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein
Reviews for Buffet Rice Salad
"Very tasty main dish salad to make for a crowd. The french dressing gives the salad a very tasty dressing. Inexpensive to make , it makes a nice unusual salad when we do a salad luncheon!"