Buffet Rice Salad Recipe
This is a lovely dish that combines common ingredients in an interesting and flavorful way. I'm regularly request to bring this salad to potluck.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 4 pounds uncooked long grain rice
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 36 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups thinly sliced celery
- 4 cups sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups diced pimientos, drained
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Combine the mayonnaise, onion, dressing, mustard, salt and pepper; add to hot rice and mix well. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Fold in ham, eggs, cheese, celery, relish and pimientos; mix well. Chill for 2-3 hours. Yield: 80 (1-cup) servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 341 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Buffet Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC