This is a lovely dish that combines common ingredients in an interesting and flavorful way. I'm regularly request to bring this salad to potluck.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 4 pounds uncooked long grain rice
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 36 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups thinly sliced celery
- 4 cups sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups diced pimientos, drained
- Cook rice according to package directions. Combine the mayonnaise, onion, dressing, mustard, salt and pepper; add to hot rice and mix well. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in ham, eggs, cheese, celery, relish and pimientos; mix well. Chill for 2-3 hours. Yield: 80 (1-cup) servings.
Originally published as Buffet Rice Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p54
Reviews for Buffet Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2014
"Very tasty main dish salad to make for a crowd. The french dressing gives the salad a very tasty dressing. Inexpensive to make , it makes a nice unusual salad when we do a salad luncheon!"