This is a lovely dish that combines common ingredients in an interesting and flavorful way. I'm regularly request to bring this salad to potluck.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 4 pounds uncooked long grain rice
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 2 cups finely chopped onion
- 2 cups French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pounds cubed fully cooked ham
- 36 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 8 cups (2 pounds) shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups thinly sliced celery
- 4 cups sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups diced pimientos, drained
- Cook rice according to package directions. Combine the mayonnaise, onion, dressing, mustard, salt and pepper; add to hot rice and mix well. Cool to room temperature.
- Fold in ham, eggs, cheese, celery, relish and pimientos; mix well. Chill for 2-3 hours. Yield: 80 (1-cup) servings.
Originally published as Buffet Rice Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p54
Reviews for Buffet Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2014
"Very tasty main dish salad to make for a crowd. The french dressing gives the salad a very tasty dressing. Inexpensive to make , it makes a nice unusual salad when we do a salad luncheon!"