Buffalo Wing Poppers
The taste of buffalo wings and pepper poppers pair up in this appealing appetizer. It will disappear fast-so make a double batch, and have copies of the recipe handy.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 20 jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact; discard seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pipe or stuff
- into pepper halves.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 325° for 20 minutes for spicy flavor, 30 minutes
- for medium and 40 minutes for mild. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 112 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.