Buffalo Wing Hoagies Recipe
“The first time I had buffalo wings, I just about flipped,” shares field editor Kelly Williams from LaPorte, Indiana. “Ever since then, I've used the same concept for making a variety of foods, including these zippy sandwiches.”
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 4 hoagie buns, split
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. In a large skillet, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup butter, hot sauce, barbecue sauce and chili powder. Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic, parsley and remaining butter; spread over cut sides of buns. Place on a baking sheet; broil 8 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Spoon chicken mixture onto bun bottoms; top with the lettuce, celery, salt, pepper, tomatoes and salad dressing. Replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 769 calories, 57g fat (32g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 1285mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Buffalo Wing Hoagies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC