Buffalo Turkey with Linguine Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cooked Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, carrot and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add turkey and hot sauce; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 526 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Turkey with Linguine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.