- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cooked Roasted Turkey Breast Tenderloins, chopped
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, carrot and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cream cheese until melted. Add turkey and hot sauce; heat through. Drain linguine; toss with turkey mixture. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Buffalo Turkey with Linguine
Sort By :
I have been making this since it came out a couple of years ago. I love buffalo chicken and this is so quick and easy and tasty. I add extra seasoning after I dish up the little kids portions. I usually make with chicken and sometimes substitute flavored cream cheese. I always use reduced fat or whipped cream cheese and no one can tell.
This was really good but I had to all a lot more buffalo sauce to it to be detected. The blue cheese was a nice touch and rounds out the flavors. Kind rich to be repeated too often though.
I would leave out the hot sauce and the cheese. Otherwise it was very good
big hit with my husband