- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine 1 tablespoon hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook burgers over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°.
- Serve burgers on buns with lettuce, celery, salad dressing and remaining hot sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Buffalo Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
"My kids even liked these....although w/o the blue cheese. Instead of making these as regular sized burgers, I made them as sliders, and I used home-made blue cheese dressing and NM red chile powder. All in all I would say they rivaled any restaurant fare."
"These were pretty good, not the real thing, but will do."
"Very good. I reduced the cumin slightly and used ranch dressing...tasted just great."
"These were really good (and I'm not a fan of turkey burgers) - I will say the cumin makes them more taco flavor than Buffalo flavor but that doesn't mean they're not a good burger.I cut the cumin to 3/4's tsp, cut the salt to 1/4 tsp, used 1/4 tsp granulated garlic and ancho chili powder. Mixed and formed the patties in the morning, cooked them up at night. Moist, tender and yummy!"
"I agree - super messy but fantastic!"