Buffalo Turkey Burgers for Two Recipe
- 3 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fat-free blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons hot sauce, cumin, chili powder, garlic, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into two patties.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Serve on buns with lettuce, celery, blue cheese dressing and remaining hot sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 312 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 734mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Buffalo Turkey Burgers for Two
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.