Buffalo-Style Snack Mix Recipe
- 2-1/2 quarts popped popcorn, divided
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups popcorn, corn chips and peanuts. In a small saucepan, melt butter; add hot sauce and celery seed. Remove from the heat. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Place in a large bowl; add remaining popcorn and toss to coat. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
3/4 cup equals 198 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo-Style Snack Mix
"This was really a fun snack mix, easy to make, and so enjoyed the flavors. It took some help to figure out how much 2-1/2 qt. of popcorn is, but hopefully it was 10 cups. Made 1/2 the recipe and used a little less than a bag of popcorn. Also used what I had on hand which was cashews and loved those in there too. Great recipe, Thanks Deidre!"