I like to dress up popcorn with corn chips and peanuts. The hot sauce adds a bit of kick that no one can resist.—Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2-1/2 quarts popped popcorn, divided
- 2 cups corn chips
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups popcorn, corn chips and peanuts. In a small saucepan, melt butter; add hot sauce and celery seed. Remove from the heat. Pour over popcorn mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crisp. Place in a large bowl; add remaining popcorn and toss to coat. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Originally published as Buffalo-Style Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p87
Reviews for Buffalo-Style Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review