- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled blue cheese and tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, saute the celery, onion, carrot and garlic in butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, hot sauce, paprika, bay leaf, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve desired amount of dip; sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips. Cool remaining dip; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen dip: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips. Yield: 11 cups.
Originally published as Buffalo-Style Chicken Chili Dip in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p25
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Buffalo-Style Chicken Chili Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2013
We liked it. It is not a thick dip.
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2012
Tons of work and not good enough to share with company
Reviewed Jan. 27, 2012
WOW! Great for dinner, too. Freeze a few family portions for those cold nights.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Buffalo Cheese Dip >
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Freezer Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chili Dip >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >