Buffalo-Style Chicken Chili Dip Recipe
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled blue cheese and tortilla chips
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the celery, onion, carrot and garlic in butter until tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, cook chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, hot sauce, paprika, bay leaf, salt, pepper and vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- 3. Serve desired amount of dip; sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips. Cool remaining dip; transfer to freezer containers. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen dip: Thaw in the refrigerator. Place in a saucepan; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese and serve with chips. Yield: 11 cups.
1/4 cup (calculated without cheese and chips) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.