Buffalo Steak Salad Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 buffalo sirloin or beef ribeye steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 6 cups torn salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Stir in blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Thinly slice meat.
- 3. On a serving platter or individual salad plates, arrange lettuce, tomato, carrot, onion and olives. Top with steak and dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 395 calories, 34g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 766mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Steak Salad
"I love the taste of buffalo & it's more nuitritious than beef. This recipe is a delightful & tasteful meal! This one's a keeper!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.