Buffalo Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Cook the first five ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; heat through.
- Serve on buns; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buffalo Sloppy Joes
Sort By :
"This is one of my all time favorites.. And, Being a mom of 2 young children I like to find things that are good cold... this is great cold without the bun.. may sound silly but sometimes lunch is whatever I can get.."
"This is a wonderful take on the old Sloppy joe! My kids love these!"
"Instead of ground turkey, which I don't care for, I used ground chicken. The sauce was pretty watery so I had to add a few tablespoons of flour to thicken it up. It also had a bland taste. I don't think I will make this again."
"Really good - I halved the recipe. My husband said next time I should leave out the carrots."