Buffalo Sloppy Joes for Two Recipe
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Serve on buns; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 276 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Buffalo Sloppy Joes for Two
"Husband's new favorite!! We loved this... I loved using ground turkey instead of beef. We didn't use a Dutch oven, but cooked in a saucepan instead. GREAT recipe!"
"<p>I absolutely loved the flavor of this not-your-ordinary sloppy joe burger. It was simple & quick to make. I doubled the recipe and found that the sauce was a little watery looking & not a rich color like the photo so I just put the whole 8 oz can of tomato sauce to the meat and added more hot sauce to my liking. It was delicious. We have now added this recipe to our dinner menu. Thank you so much for introducing this to everyone.</p>"