Buffalo Sloppy Joes for Two Recipe
Lean ground turkey makes this a lighter sloppy joe than the standard ground beef version. A hefty splash of hot sauce and optional blue cheese provide an authentic Buffalo-style flavor.—Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Serve on buns; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich equals 276 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Buffalo Sloppy Joes for Two
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC