Buffalo Sloppy Joes for Two
Lean ground turkey makes this a lighter sloppy joe than the standard ground beef version. A hefty splash of hot sauce and optional blue cheese provide an authentic Buffalo-style flavor.—Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated carrots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook the first five ingredients over medium heat
- until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in the tomato sauce, chicken
- broth, hot sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and
- pepper; heat through.
- Serve on buns; sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 276 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium,