- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gouda or Swiss cheese
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 pound frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Additional Louisiana-style hot sauce, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients; stir in shredded cheeses and macaroni. Cook, covered, on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until macaroni is almost tender.
- Stir in shrimp and blue cheese; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes longer or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in chives, parsley and, if desired, additional hot sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Shrimp Mac & Cheese in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Buffalo Shrimp Mac & Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 17, 2014
"My husband and I did not like this at all."