Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese Bites Recipe
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons process cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, crushed
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the contents of the cheese packet, milk, cheese sauce and butter.
- 2. Press 2 tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- 3. Place the hot sauce, flour, egg and onions in separate shallow bowls. Remove macaroni bites from cups. Dip in the hot sauce and flour, then coat with egg and onions. Place 2 in. apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 appetizer (calculated without salad dressing) equals 104 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese Bites
"This was really dissapointing! So sad cause my kids love buffalo anything and love mac & cheese! Real bummer at our super bowl party last night."
"What a mess...it takes more than 1 egg and more sauce than listed, and the Mac balls don't hold together"