I make a great vegetarian buffalo-style appetizer. Macaroni and cheese get heated up with Louisiana-style hot sauce, breaded and baked. These tasty nibbles are served with blue cheese dressing.—Ann Donnay, Milton, Massachusetts
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons process cheese sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 can (6 ounces) French-fried onions, crushed
- Blue cheese salad dressing
- Set the cheese packet from dinner mix aside. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add macaroni; cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in the contents of the cheese packet, milk, cheese sauce and butter.
- Press 2 tablespoonfuls into greased miniature muffin cups. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Place the hot sauce, flour, egg and onions in separate shallow bowls. Remove macaroni bites from cups. Dip in the hot sauce and flour, then coat with egg and onions. Place 2 in. apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p104
Reviews for Buffalo Macaroni and Cheese Bites
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review