Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- 25 whole chicken wings (5 pounds)
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Celery ribs and ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry wings in oil, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the hot sauce and spices. Place chicken in a large bowl; add sauce and toss to coat. Remove to a serving plate with a slotted spoon. Serve with celery and ranch dressing if desired. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 chicken wing (calculated without celery and dressing) equals 243 calories, 23 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Wings
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer