Buffalo Chicken-Topped Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional sour cream and chopped green onions
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until heated through. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and chili powder.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in the vinegar, butter and remaining buffalo wing sauce; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- 5. Spoon chicken mixture over potatoes. Serve with additional sour cream and onions. Yield: 8 servings.
1 potato half (calculated without additional sour cream and green onions) equals 254 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.