If your favorite appetizers are cheesy potato skins and buffalo chicken wings, you'll find this recipe one to cheer about. Loaded with cheese, sour cream and onions, these hearty, stuffed potatoes get a sassy bite from mild wing sauce. —Michelle Gauer, Spicer, Minnesota
- 4 medium potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional sour cream and chopped green onions
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream and 1 tablespoon buffalo wing sauce. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until heated through. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and chili powder.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Stir in the vinegar, butter and remaining buffalo wing sauce; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer.
- Spoon chicken mixture over potatoes. Serve with additional sour cream and onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken-Topped Potatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p217
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken-Topped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review