This is a simple way to dress up breaded chicken patties. We like these sandwiches with additional blue cheese dressing for dipping. Or try them with Monterey Jack cheese and ranch dressing instead.
- 2 refrigerated breaded chicken patties
- 1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- Lettuce, tomato and red onion slices
- Additional hot sauce
- Place chicken patties in a large resealable plastic bag; add hot sauce. Seal bag and turn to coat. In a large skillet, brown patties in oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread butter over cut sides of buns. In the same skillet, toast buns, buttered side down, over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Top with a chicken patty, provolone cheese, salad dressing, lettuce, tomato and onion. Serve with additional hot sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p33
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review