I love grilling chicken because it's a healthier choice. I put my "Joe-style" twist on this sandwich with a spicy-sweet marinade and a homemade blue cheese dressing. —Joe Slate, Port St Joe, Florida
- 1 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 cooked bacon strips
- 4 slices Colby cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first five ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/2 cup for basting.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in Game Day Recipe Cards 2010 2010, p41
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review