- 1-1/2 cups Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 cooked bacon strips
- 4 slices Colby cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first five ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/2 cup for basting.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace roll tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches with Bacon
Sort By :
I made a modified version of this recipe. I marinated flatened chicken breasts in the marinade. I made a sauce from a BC/Pillsbury recipe, Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches. I served the sandwiches with bacon, lettuce, tomato and provolone cheese - REALLY good but messy. I thought this sauce was too complex but it might be good.
This recipe was so good! All the flavors went so well together. Thanks!
too many ingredients and they add unhealthy extra calories as well as sodium.
Tasty I'm sure but it defeats the "healthier" part!!
I love blue cheese in the recipes..so good!
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >