Buffalo Chicken Salad
Delicious, and even better—quick! This Buffalo Chicken Salad is a summer staple at our house. Sometimes we grill the chicken outside, then sprinkle the hot sauce over it with the dressing, because you've gotta have that kick! —Cori Cooper, Flagstaff, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine the romaine, celery and carrots. Divide among
- four plates. Top with chicken. Serve with ranch dressing. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.