Delicious, and even better—quick! This Buffalo Chicken Salad is a summer staple at our house. Sometimes we grill the chicken outside, then sprinkle the hot sauce over it with the dressing, because you've gotta have that kick! —Cori Cooper, Flagstaff, Arizona
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, combine the romaine, celery and carrots. Divide among four plates. Top with chicken. Serve with ranch dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2013