Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas Recipe
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tomato-flavored flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- Additional Buffalo wing sauce, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss chicken with wing sauce. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- 2. Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; top with chicken and onion mixtures. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese and olives. Top with remaining tortillas. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- 3. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and blue cheese. Serve quesadillas with celery leaves, blue cheese sauce and, if desired, additional wing sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 quesadilla equals 773 calories, 43 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 152 mg cholesterol, 2,354 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.