My quesadillas are filling enough to serve as a meal and versatile to win big points as a snack while the big game is on. Feel free to sub in your favorite flavored tortillas. Or kick up the spice factor with pepper jack cheese instead of the Mexican blend. —Crystal Schlueter, Northglenn, CO
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tomato-flavored flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pitted green olives
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery leaves
- Additional Buffalo wing sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss chicken with wing sauce. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, salt and pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender.
- Place two tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet; top with chicken and onion mixtures. Sprinkle with Mexican cheese and olives. Top with remaining tortillas. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream and blue cheese. Serve quesadillas with celery leaves, blue cheese sauce and, if desired, additional wing sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas in Simple & Delicious June/July 2013, p50
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review