Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper and chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. Unroll pizza crust into a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Brush dough with 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce. Combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle a third over the crust. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic salt, pepper and chili powder in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the remaining wing sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Spoon over pizza. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining cheese.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 pieces.
1 serving (2 each) equals 958 calories, 38 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 3,563 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 76 g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
""Fantastic - Husband, son & grandson thought so too. Made for SuperBowl. My husband snuck two pieces to put away for the next day! He said this is company worthy!""
"I used Morningstar Farms veggie "chicken" strips and Spicy Garlic wing sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. If was very good!"
"Fantastic! I added diced onions to the chicken while cooking. Husband and teen boys loved it!"
"Very good! Not too spicy, but it has just enough to make it delicious! I make a homemade crust with it, and there are never any leftovers."
"My husband LOVES buffalo stuff so I made him this pizza & he asks for it all of the time! I make a homemade crust for it though instead of the refrigerator crust & it turns out scrumptious!"
"This was a wonderful recipe that my family raved about."
"great recipe, im a college student and am always looking for quick and easy meals to try, and i love how easy and delicious this recipe is!!!"
"Wow, this was so good! easy and I wouldn't change a thing!"
"Home run! My guys loved this recipe. Perfect for watching a football game and a ice cold beer or soda! The spices on the chicken were perfect. I decided to use 6 tablespoons of dressing as the sauce on the pizza crust rather than the buffalo sauce. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as listed. Can't wait to make it again!"
"Delicious! I used the Favorite Pizza Crust recipe from Taste of Home, the cornmeal adds a nice touch. Also, added a small bit of lite blue cheese dressing into the Buffalo Chix Mixture and some chopped green peppers. I topped the pizza w/ some chopped green onions."
"I make this pizza all of the time, its one of mine and my husbands favorites"
"Family loves this!!"
"I am making it AGAIN tonight. My boyfriend loved it. I didn't want to make it again because I had to listen to him whine about how hot is was. BUT here we go again. He loves it."
"Cut into smaller pieces to make for great appetizers. Nice and spicy!"
"This is one of my families favorites! I have teenage and college age kids, and their friends request it all the time. The only thing I do different is, I make my own crust, and I use more cheese. It is wonderful!!"
"This was super-spicy. I added red onions and green peppers. If I do ever make it again, I might add some BBQ sauce and reduce the buffalo wing sauce."
"So yummy can't wait to have the leftovers tomorrow for lunch :)"
"I dont like buffalo sauce but I made this for my husband. He said he would give it three stars because he thought it was too much sauce. This was probably my fault. In a hurry, I spooned the entire mixture over the crust. I think if I would have used a slotted spoon and put the chicken only on the crust it would have been much better for him. I will probably try this again with keeping that in mind."
"My husband absolutely loves this pizza!"
"I made this for a neighborhood adult party and everyone loved it! People are still calling me for the recipe. I think it would be good to add onions and/or green peppers if you like the taste!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.