Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper and chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing
- 1. Unroll pizza crust into a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Brush dough with 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce. Combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle a third over the crust. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic salt, pepper and chili powder in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the remaining wing sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes longer.
- 3. Spoon over pizza. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining cheese.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 slices, 4 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 958 calories, 38 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 3,563 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 76 g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.