If your family likes spicy chicken wings, they'll love this pizza made with bottled buffalo wing sauce and refrigerated pizza dough. Serve the blue cheese salad dressing on the side so you can drizzle it over each slice. —Shari DiGirolamo, Newton, Pennsylvania
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic salt, pepper and chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Celery sticks and blue cheese salad dressing
- Unroll pizza crust into a lightly greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes. Brush dough with 3 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce. Combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; sprinkle a third over the crust. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chicken, garlic salt, pepper and chili powder in butter until chicken is no longer pink. Add the remaining wing sauce; cook and stir over medium heat 5 minutes longer.
- Spoon over pizza. Sprinkle with oregano and remaining cheese.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary. Yield: 8 slices, 4 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p28
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review