Full of buffalo flavors, this is one of my favorite side dishes at potlucks and tailgate parties, but you could also serve it as a main. It can be eaten warm or cold so it's easy to make ahead of time. Sometimes I even use precooked small shrimp instead of the chicken or leave out the meat if I need a vegetarian dish. —Lisa Huff, Wilton, Connecticut
Recommended: 26 Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Cook penne according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, carrots and celery. In a small bowl, whisk the hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, onion and garlic powders and celery salt.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Add to chicken mixture. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Stir in blue cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p209
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 20, 2015
"This was very good. I added a little mayo to tame the heat and added a tomato and green pepper so there would be more veggies and no one noticed they were there. Didn't have blue cheese, so used feta."