Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) Daily Chef Penne Rigate
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from the skillet. In the same skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the salad dressing, mayonnaise and hot sauce. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake(10)
Sort By :
For the hot sauce, I used Tabasco. I substituted Monterey Jack and spaghetti. I would delete the bread crumbs.
I used Frank's Red Hot, Ranch & shredded cheddar (couldn't find shredded swiss) It was fantastic!
I used different amounts of some of the ingredients than in the recipe, but the flavors are AMAZING! My honey and I both had seconds :)
I don't know if it was the brands I used or what but it was extremely greasy and just didn't taste very good. Just not for us.
Definitely a meal for when you are not counting calories. But it is really worth them! The store I went to didn't have blue cheese dressing, so I mixed a little crumbled blue cheese into ranch dressing and I used Frank's Red Hot. It was delicious. A little too spicy for the kids, though. Might tone down the hot sauce for them next time!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >