Sure, 10-cent wing night at your local pub is a blast, but a night at home with a clever casserole can’t be beat. Not fond of blue cheese? Use ranch salad dressing instead. —Lindsay Sprunk, Noblesville, Indiana
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In same skillet, saute carrots, celery and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir in salad dressing, mayonnaise and hot sauce into skillet. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p24
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review