Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. In same skillet, saute carrots, celery and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir in salad dressing, mayonnaise and hot sauce into skillet. Drain pasta. Add pasta and chicken to skillet; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Drizzle with butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 719 calories, 45g fat (12g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
"The flavor was great, mild enough for my youngest to enjoy. The problem though comes with all the greasy feel to the dish."
"This recipe is perfect as it is. If it's dry then you did something wrong. I've probably made this recipe 5-10 times. To lessen the mess, I use a heavy duty pot to boil the noodles, then saut? the meat and then the veggies in that same pot. Then I bake it in that pot. (It's a calphalon pot.) this recipe ROCKS."
"This was just okay. Nice and spicy, but just a bit dry. Neither my husband nor my college son had much enthusiasm for it either. I wouldn't make it again."
"I wouldn't even try this one. It has way too much fat in it. A heart attack waiting to happen."
"This was excellent! I'm a big fan of anything hot or spicy but the rest of the family prefers mild so I used only 1/3 cup of Louisiana hot sauce. I also used Ranch dressing instead of bleu cheese as that is all I had. Had to use fiesta blend cheese since I didn't have any swiss. It went over very well with the family. I know I'll be making this again and again and again :-)"
"Delicious! I used ranch instead of blue cheese as that's what I had on hand. Would be fantastic with blue cheese as well in my opinion. I made it with chicken leftovers."
"For the hot sauce, I used Tabasco. I substituted Monterey Jack and spaghetti. I would delete the bread crumbs."
"I used Frank's Red Hot, Ranch & shredded cheddar (couldn't find shredded swiss) It was fantastic!"
"I used different amounts of some of the ingredients than in the recipe, but the flavors are AMAZING! My honey and I both had seconds :)"
"I don't know if it was the brands I used or what but it was extremely greasy and just didn't taste very good. Just not for us."
"Definitely a meal for when you are not counting calories. But it is really worth them! The store I went to didn't have blue cheese dressing, so I mixed a little crumbled blue cheese into ranch dressing and I used Frank's Red Hot. It was delicious. A little too spicy for the kids, though. Might tone down the hot sauce for them next time!"
"If you like buffalo chicken wing dip, then this is for you! I cut down on the mayo and blue cheese (used 1/2 cup) and used less of the hot sauce. I also used a regular onion since I didnt have a red onion. This was very good on a cold night!"
"This looks good, but WAAAAYYYY to high in calories and fat! I would like to see it given the recipe makeover treatment...then I may actually try it!"
"My husband and I loved this recipe. I used Frank's Red Hot because that's what I had in the pantry. If you don't like it really spicy then I would use 1/4 cup of hot sauce instead of 1/2 cup. Instead of blue cheese dressing I used homemade ranch dressing because my husband doesn't like blue cheese. It was an awesome recipe and I would make it again very soon!"